Exclusive training based on methodology from PMBOK and practice from Microsoft Project
Practice should always follow by theory. Because of this, we created a great training mix with theory from PMBOK and practice based on the world-famous planning tool Microsoft Project Professional.
- The ability of practical work directly on theoretical knowledge training.
- Workshops based on your real project information.
- 30 days post-training coaching and support.
- Project Managers.
- Contract Management specialists.
- Company Project Office employees.
- Heads of key departments, divisions, departments.
- Introduction to Project Management.
- Project Life Cycle.
- Project Management Processes.
- The main functions of project management.
- Methodology and project management tools.
- Project initiation. Identification and authentication of the project; success criteria; environment of the project.
- Planning for the project. Definition and refinement of goals. Planning of actions necessary to achieve the objectives and content of the project; work with the schedule of the project.
- Performing the project. Combining human and other resources to carry out the project management plan.
- Control of the project. Regular assessment of the progress of the project and monitoring for the detection of deviations from the project management plan and corrective actions; Work with reports.
- Closing of the project. Formalizing acceptance of the project results and conclusions of the project.
- Project-oriented management.
Microsoft Project Professional:
- Initiating a Project.
- Creating a new project in Microsoft Project.
- Create and manage calendars.
- Create and work with custom fields.
- Customization Microsoft Project. Working with system settings.
- Create and work with the schedule of the project.
- Configure information about the project.
- Creating, using, and management of the project tasks.
- Creating the structure of tasks.
- Setting the logic and relationship between tasks.
- Building a logical model of project tasks.
- Create a schedule for the user/project member.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Resource Management. Resource assignment.
- Entering and changing resource information.
- Resource assignment.
- Resource allocation.
- Using visual resources optimizer.
- Project cost management.
- Monitoring and control of the project.
- Using baselines. Their purpose and use.
- Tracking the progress of the actual implementation of the project.
- Data entry on the work performed.
- Comparison of the actual performance of the project with the baseline.
- Identification and elimination of planning problems.
- Find the critical path of the project. Practical use.
- Distributing information about the project. Working with reports.
- Working with views: setup and use.
- Share data from other applications.
- Customizing Reports.
- Use and communicate data with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Expanding the functionality of Microsoft Project.
- Preliminary test to assess initial orientation in the field of project management (to determine the level of the training group and the corresponding feed).
- Group Exercise for selecting a project (as an example for all the through training) and the development of the Plan of the project.
- Group exercise on the development of the project charter.
- Group exercise to develop a project WBS-structure.
- Individual-group test for the assessment of team problem solving of planning stages of the project.
- Business game to test the skills of a multi-management in the resource-limited company and the decision of resource conflicts.
- Exercise on creating a project report based on the S-curves, and the list of milestones.
- Individual-group exercise on the identification of project risks and planning responses to the occurrence of risk events.
- The final test is to assess the completeness of the learning material.
Microsoft Project Professional:
- Creating a project from another project or template.
- Changing the working days in a calendar.
- Create and configure custom fields.
- Creating tasks and summary tasks.
- The logical structure of the project plan.
- Linking the project to create a portfolio of projects.
- Enter costs for resources.
- Assigning tasks for resources.
- Input costs for experts and materials.
- Create and save a baseline.
- Time management and tracking of project progress.
- Showing the critical path of the project.
- Export Project to Microsoft Excel.
The knowledge and skills
Course participants will gain experience in the field of efficient modeling, planning, resource allocation, information sharing, and collaboration using Microsoft Project Professional and PMBOK methodology. You, as the participant will gain the following:
Methodology knowledge form PMBOK:
- Develop goals, vision, charter, life cycle, and project WBS-structure.
- Define and formalize the criteria for success and failure of the project.
- Identify the environment and stakeholders of the project.
- Authorize a project to perform.
- Prepare project reporting using S-curves, and the list of milestones. Monitor the effectiveness of the project.
- Identify project risks and plan actions to prevent and respond to risk events.
- Manage a team with limited resources and resolve resource conflicts.
- To summarize, analyze lessons learned, and complete projects.
Practice knowledge from Microsoft Project:
- Create the project schedule.
- Customize Microsoft Project to fit your needs.
- Create a schedule for the project team members.
- Consolidate information from multiple projects.
- Manage, allocate, and optimize resources for the project.
- Monitor the progress of the project.
- Prepare reports on the project. Monitor effectiveness.
- Use Microsoft Project in conjunction with other software.