Preparation for MS 74-344 “Managing Programs and Projects with Project Server”
Based on Microsoft certification program for passing 74-344 exam
This training is designed to prepare for the certification exam MS 74-344 “Program and Project Management with Project Server”. As part of the practical training, the participants will receive all the knowledge necessary for them to be used in further work and passing the exam successfully. Participants will plan and customize the project view Project Web App and perform various tasks for testing project and program management skills. Also training will provide an opportunity to understand how to use Microsoft Project Server in an organization.
- Using simulated exam questions for better exam understanding and preparation.
- Detailed exam question types analysis.
- Great combination of theory and practice.
- 30 days of post training support and coaching.
- Project Managers;
- Head of PMO;
- Project administrators;
- Functional managers;
- Specialists in contract management;
- The staff of the PMO;
- Heads of key departments, divisions, units.
- Requirements for certification. Preparing for the exam.
- Types of questions.
- Practical tests.
- Additional materials.
- Creating projects and portfolios of organization.
- Defining the organization’s strategy.
- Optimizing the portfolio of projects.
- Creating a new enterprise project.
- Creating a program of projects with master projects and sub-projects.
- Project planning and organizing resources.
- Resource and team management.
- Building a resource plan.
- Building Project Team.
- Eliminating resources overloading for projects.
- Working with the project base plan.
- The joint work of the project team. Monitoring and control of project progress.
- The choice of method for monitoring and control.
- Appointments management.
- Update progress on the task. Timesheet.
- Approval tasks. Approval timesheets.
- Update Schedule.
- Managing Custom Objects.
- Customization of views and reports in Project Web App.
- Management and functionality in Project Online and Project Server
- Managing project risks and deliverables.
- Customization of the project site.
- Coordination of projects with the strategic goals of the company.
- Creating workflow.
- Planning for performance and resource intensity for Project Server.
- Planning permission in Project Server.
- Planning the deployment of Project Server.
- Setting task modes in Project Server.
- Adding a SharePoint task list in Project Server.
- Timesheets and status.
- Customize reports.
- Custom field-level organizations and lookup tables.
- Managing issues, risks, and documents in Project Web App.
The knowledge and skills
Course participants will receive extensive hands-on experience in using Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft Project Web App including the management of corporate custom fields, views and objects of the portfolio. After the training, the participants acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Ready to take the exam MS 74-344 “Managing Programs and Projects with Project Server”.
- Create a system of objectives priority.
- Evaluate projects with business objectives.
- Identify constraints on costs and resources.
- Analyze project portfolio.
- Working with workflows.
- Create lists of tasks in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Work with the project schedule in Project Web App and Project Professional.
- Add child projects. Create relationships and dependencies between projects.
- Using the corporate resource pool. Create project teams from the corporate pool. Create a plan for the use of resources.
- To be able to perform the resources replacement. Reassign tasks.
- Align resource loading.
- Work with the baseline plan.
- Use different methods to monitor and control the project.
- Publish task assignments.
- Approve and revoke timesheets. Perform an analysis of the impact of the task on the project schedule.
- Reschedule uncompleted tasks. Publish schedule changes.
- Organize workspace for the project (document libraries, lists of issues, risks, etc.).
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!